UI / UX Design Internship
September - December
Added: July 2019
Department: Information Technology
Location: Orlando, FL
Reports to: Director of Project Management and Interns
Peers: Developers, Designer & Support Staff
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Who you are
You are a passionate designer who loves to learn and work alongside a multi-faceted team. You enjoy a challenge and aren’t afraid of solving difficult problems. You take ownership of projects and are confident of the work you produce. But more importantly, you can place yourself in the shoes of other people and can use your skills to make the world a better place, one pixel at a time.
Who We are
We are a group of about a dozen software and infrastructure techs, working at an aggressively growing non-profit that is helping to make the Bible available to everyone, everywhere. God has blessed us with the resources to pay for high performance team-members. You can learn more about our organization here. This is the kind of place that rewards intensity, ambition, drive, and creativity.
The Job You'll Do
You’ll be helping design solutions to help support Bible translation. You'll be jumping into existing projects as well as helping create new tools. You'll be responsible for understanding the project at a high level while also being able to focus on the finer details.
You and your teammates will create easy to use solutions so the rest of the organization can focus on raising money, raising volunteers, equipping the nations to translate the Bible, and saving the world. You’ll propel the Bible toward universal availability.
what We'll Do For You
- We’ll give you a place where you can build things the way you’ve always wanted to, and make a difference in the process.
- We’ll give you opportunities to grow, stretch, flex, and learn.
- Teach and implement Agile/Scrum methodology
- Teach you about Design best practices and how to apply them
- Create an environment to learn from mentors and each other
- Have you contribute to real-world projects with meaningful impact
- Enable worshiping God through your talents in fellowship with other believers
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with a team to design easy to use software each Sprint.
- Participate in Sprint and Product planning.
- Participate in daily team Standup meetings.
- Encourage iteration of designs.
- Identifiy any problems or difficulties with existing user interfaces.
- Back up design decisions with research and effectively communicate this to the team.
- Knowledge of industry tools, such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Figma, draw.io.
- Basic understanding of interaction design principles
- User-Centered mindset
- Creative and Analytical approach
- Attention to Detail
Your Education & Experience
- Enrolled or graduated from a College, University, or Bootcamp program with a focus in a design-related field:
- Web Design
- Human Computer Interaction
- User Experience
- Graphic Design
- A portfolio displaying your best work
- Previous internship experience is great, but not required
- If you are still in school, you are or will be a Senior by Fall 2019.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Should sense a call from God to ministry and have a genuine caring for people.
- Should have personal warmth that invites confidence and possess a personal integrity that never forfeits the trust that is offered.
- Ability to be at ease with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstration of the attitudes of a servant leader.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively with a virtual team.
- Can keep commitments.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies, improve skills, and adapt to change.