We are the Information Technology team of Wycliffe Associates, an aggressively growing non-profit that is helping to eradicate global scripture poverty. God’s blessed us with the resources to pay for high performance team-members. This isn’t the kind of place where you’re guaranteed employment for life, but it is the kind of place that rewards intensity, ambition, drive, and creativity.
In the summer of 2013 Mark Stedman was asked to assume leadership of Wycliffe Associates Information Technology team. Mark was excited to return to technical leadership, with a focus on both internal business software and a mandate to support the creation of translation tools for mother tongue translators.
The team has grown to 15 full-time people plus an internship called 8 Weeks of Code that adds a dozen college comp sci students every summer.
Wycliffe Associates Values
At Wycliffe Associates, God’s Word is central to everything we do. Our Core Beliefs are drawn from the teachings of the Holy Bible. In that spirit, we adhere to the following truths:
- The divine inspiration and consequent authority of the whole canonical Scriptures.
- The doctrine of the Trinity.
- The fall of man, his consequent moral depravity, and his need for regeneration.
- The atonement through the substitutionary death of Christ.
- The doctrine of justification by faith.
- The resurrection of the body, in the case of the just and the unjust.
- The eternal life of the saved and the eternal punishment of the lost.
Wycliffe Associates commits . . .
- To maximize every dollar contributed to Wycliffe Associates for the most accurate and effective Bible translation work possible.
- To pray for all those engaged in Bible translation around the world—it is challenging work and the task is daunting.
- To support only Bible translations that use accurate and literal common language terms for “Father” and “Son” when referring to God and Jesus Christ.
- To diligently monitor and verify the accuracy of Bible translation in every Wycliffe Associates project.
Our Team Values
As the Info Tech team of Wycliffe Associates, God's purpose is reflected in our work and how we treat our customers, internal and external.
- We will serve wholeheartedly, as unto the Lord, by serving His people.
- We will serve where we are skilled, to enable our customers to serve where they are skilled.
- We will earn our customers’ repeat business every day, in every interaction, on every project and task.
- We will make positive statements about challenging situations.
- We will tell positive stories about difficult people.
- We will proactively bring creativity and energy to our customers.