QA Tester Internship
January - June
Added: Spring 2022
Department: Information Technology
Location: Orlando, FL
Reports to: Director of Infrastructure
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Who you are
First, you're a committed Christian who wants to use your technical skills to serve the Lord. You are also an aspiring IT technician who likes to solve problems and learn new things. You enjoy helping people use technology and you have the patience required when the solutions are hard to find. You enjoy the feeling that comes with helping people get back to work after their computer gives them trouble. You aren’t afraid to own a technology upgrade project from start to finish.
Who We are
A group of about a twenty-five Christian software and infrastructure techs, working at an aggressively growing non-profit that is helping to make the Bible available to everyone, everywhere. God has blessed us with the resources to pay for high performance team-members. You can learn more about our organization at https://www.wycliffeassociates.org/. This is the kind of place that rewards intensity, ambition, drive, and creativity.
The Job You'll Do
The QA Tester intern position is a vital link in the chain that drives our software development forward. You will help ensure that the products work as intended and are reliable on the platforms that our bible translators use. You will interface with developers, designers, and product owners on a regular basis and represent the users in the field.
what We'll Do For You
- Enable you to serve God through your talents in fellowship with other believers .
- We’ll give you a place where you can learn about technology and tools both in testing and software development.
- We’ll give you opportunities to grow, stretch, flex, and learn .
- Have you contribute to real-world projects with meaningful impact.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Test and verify legacy and new features/bug fixes
- Work with development team to troubleshoot bugs and issues
- Design and implement test plans and scripts to improve product usability
- Analyze test results, deduce patterns, create reproducible scenarios
- Interface with users and team members in person and remotely
- Possess working knowledge of Windows, MacOS, and Linux Operating systems
- Utilize critical thinking skills and have a penchant for details.
- Work independently and have good time-management skills.
- Have experience working in an Agile development environment
- Exhibit proficiency with software such a Jira, Trello, Microsoft Excel, Sikuli, etc.
- Demonstrate strong communication, and interpersonal skills
- Go beyond the specification and anticipate problem areas in the product design and document test cases results and compare to expected results
- Ability to adapt to changes in priorities and new situations as they come
Your Education & Experience
- If you are still in school, you are or will be a Senior by Spring of 2022 with an overall GPA of 3.0 or above
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and live a life in full alignment with our Core Beliefs.
- Should sense a call from God to ministry and have a genuine caring for people.
- Should have personal warmth that invites confidence and possess a personal integrity that never forfeits the trust that is offered.
- Ability to be at ease with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstration of the attitudes of a servant leader.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively with a virtual team.
- Can keep commitments.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies, improve skills, and adapt to change.