May - August
Added: Spring 2022
Department: Information Technology
Location: Orlando, FL
Reports to: Director of Project Management and Interns
Peers: IT Support Specialist, IT Systems Analyst
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Who you are
First, you're a committed Christian who wants to use your technical skills to serve the Lord. You are also an aspiring IT technician who likes to solve problems and learn new things. You enjoy helping people use technology and you have the patience required when the solutions are hard to find. You enjoy the feeling that comes with helping people get back to work after their computer gives them trouble. You aren’t afraid to own a technology upgrade project from start to finish.
Who We are
A group of about a twenty five Christian software and infrastructure techs, working at an aggressively growing non-profit that is helping to make the Bible available to everyone, everywhere. God has blessed us with the resources to pay for high performance team-members. You can learn more about our organization at https://www.wycliffeassociates.org/. This is the kind of place that rewards intensity, ambition, drive, and creativity.
The Job You'll Do
The infrastructure help desk intern position is a uniquely important because the person who fills this role will act as the face of IT to the rest of Wycliffe Associates. Customer service skills are equally as important as technical skills. Working with senior help desk and application support staff, this intern will be responsible for resolving simple to medium complexity issues.
what We'll Do For You
- Enable you to serve God through your talents in fellowship with other believers
- We’ll give you a place where you can learn about all kinds of technology that is used to keep an organization running
- We’ll give you opportunities to grow, stretch, flex, and learn
- Provide help desk best practices guided by seasoned professionals
- Create an environment to learn from mentors and each other
- Have you contribute to real-world projects with meaningful impact
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responding to help desk phone calls, emails, and walk ups
- Resolving computer and IP telephony hardware issues
- Solving network connectivity issues
- Resetting forgotten passwords
- Setting up new user accounts
- Imaging computers and servers (Windows & Linux)
- Helping end users with common Microsoft software such as Windows and Office 365
- Learning basic troubleshooting of some in house applications
- Assisting with and potentially taking ownership of project work such as hardware refreshes, network upgrades, or major software rollouts
- You have at least a basic understanding of common PC and network troubleshooting concepts and a desire to learn more.
- You should be able to install Windows and Office on a computer from scratch
- You should be able to tell what the IP address of a computer is and how the computer got it
- You should be comfortable supporting users over the phone, email, and in person
- Nice to have (experience):
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
Your Education & Experience
- You are currently enrolled or recently graduated, studying either Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Systems at an accredited college or university
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or above
- If you are still in school, you are or will be a Senior by Fall of 2021
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and live a life in full alignment with our Core Beliefs.
- Should sense a call from God to ministry and have a genuine caring for people.
- Should have personal warmth that invites confidence and possess a personal integrity that never forfeits the trust that is offered.
- Ability to be at ease with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstration of the attitudes of a servant leader.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively with a virtual team.
- Can keep commitments.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies, improve skills, and adapt to change.