Process and Application Support Specialist
Added: June 23, 2022
Department: Information Technology
Location: Orlando, FL
Report to: Infrastructure and Support Director
Peers: Support Team, Business Analysts
Exemption Status: Exempt
Download PDF with More Details
Who you are
First, you're a committed Christian who wants to use your technical skills to serve the Lord. You enjoy data that is clean, processes that are well defined, and customers who feel supported and cared for. Everybody knows who to ask for help, and it’s you, because you understand all the details. You’re also the one who knows what all those buttons in Word and Excel are for. You know how much time can be saved by using Office, and other software systems, effectively. You have the patient heart of a teacher. You know the value of teaching a person to fish, but also the discernment to know when s/he just needs a tuna sandwich.
Who we are
Our team is a group of Software Developers, DevOps engineers, Infrastructure Techs, and Support People, working at an aggressively growing non-profit that is helping to make the Bible available to everyone, everywhere. God has blessed us with the resources to pay for high performance team-members. You can learn more about our organization at http://wycliffeassociates.org/. This is the kind of place that rewards intensity, ambition, drive, and creativity.
Wycliffe Associates is a Christian ministry, and our mission of Bible translation is a special calling. Wycliffe Associates trains Christians all over the world to become Bible translators and we seek to safeguard the integrity of the Scriptures through that process. While specific skills and experience are a major part of this role, what is most important to Wycliffe Associates, and to the Lord, is a person's heart. The person who fills this role should have a special calling from the Lord for ministry. In this role you will be considered a minister of the gospel. For such a high calling, our lives and values should reflect that pure and holy calling. As we are told in 1 Peter 1: 15-16, But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do, for it is written: Be holy, because I am holy.
The job you'll do
Our people work hard. You’re going to help them work smart. You will work closely with our Marketing and Finance divisions, to support their work communicating with donors and processing donations. These teams use software like Office 365, and other applications like Dynamics CRM and DonorStudio. After becoming familiar with our tools and processes, you’ll work alongside our people to wisely help them do their jobs better. You’ll be supporting a domestically distributed workforce that will rely on you for help.
What we'll do for you
We’ll give you a place where you can amaze your teammates with what can be done, and make a global difference in the process. We’ll give you appropriate training and educational opportunities. We’ll enable you to enjoy helping people grow. You’ll be part of a team that values hard work. Our benefits include:
- Paid education and training
- Paid certification attempts (whether you pass or fail)
- Two weeks paid vacation (to start), plus a bunch of paid holidays
- Health Insurance for you and your family
- 1 Paid conference per year
- Position Description: Responsible for providing support to Wycliffe Associates’ Marketing and Finance teams, specifically in the areas of Donor Communications and Donation Processing. This includes supporting direct mail marketing campaigns, answering software usage questions, identifying solutions to business needs, and assisting staff with improving their use of donor relations applications, custom internal business apps, Office 365, SharePoint, Teams, and various other systems and processes. Works closely with vendors, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements to ensure quality technical solutions.
- Understand Wycliffe Associates donor communication model and strategy.
- Meet with business end users on a regular basis to understand their business processes as well as they do and offer improvements based on research of new or unused features of business apps.
- Take responsibility for the relationship with application vendors.
- Assist with planning and implementing upgrades
- Communicate with end users about downtime before, during, and after upgrades
- Proactively train WA staff on new features in our applications
- Utilize understanding of technology, business processes, accounting, finance, and financial systems to accomplish business improvement goals and help accelerate Bible Translation
- Communicate technical information and ideas both verbally and written so others will understand.
- Work on other projects and tasks as assigned by manager, including technology research and testing.
- Learn about new technologies and actively look for opportunities to improve our workforce skills. Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Administer and document WA software and systems (Studio Enterprise, Advanced Studio Online, Microsoft Teams, Security awareness training, Office 365, VPN, etc.)
Education, prior work experience, and/or specialized skills and knowledge
- Minimum of three years related work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Detail oriented, must carefully complete tasks, avoiding mistakes and re-work. Must be independently motivated to perform responsibilities without supervision.
- Broad understanding of non-profit business processes, especially donation processing, direct mail communication, and digital marketing.
- Experience with Donor Management Software a plus, especially Donor Direct software suite (Studio Enterprise, Studio Online).
- Experience with SharePoint is a plus but not required.
- Experience working in a technical support environment, supporting users on Windows 10/11, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Teams, security awareness training, and Office 365 also highly desirable.
- Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification (BFOQ): Demonstrates desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in work related spiritual activities without mental reservation.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and live a life in full alignment with our Core Beliefs.
- Should sense a call from God to ministry (perhaps even from reading this job posting) and have a genuine caring for people.
- Should have personal warmth that invites confidence and possess a personal integrity that never forfeits the trust that is offered.
- Ability to be at ease with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstration of the attitudes of a servant leader.
- Ability to work effectively and independently with a virtual team.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies, improve skills, and adapt to change.