Dev Ops Internship
September - December
Added: July 2019
Department: Information Technology
Location: Orlando, FL
Reports to: Director of Project Management and Interns
Peers: DevOps Engineer, Developers, Infrastructure team
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Who you are
You are an aspiring QA analyst, software developer, or IT infrastructure professional who likes to learn on the bleeding edge and wants to help deliver quality software as efficiently as possible. You enjoy automating things, writing scripts, cloud computing, and QA testing. You don’t accept “it can’t be done.” You love new challenges and empowering your peers by automating repetitive tasks.
Who We are
A group of about a dozen software and infrastructure techs, working at an aggressively growing non-profit that is helping to make the Bible available to everyone, everywhere. God has blessed us with the resources to pay for high performance team-members. You can learn more about our organization at https://www.wycliffeassociates.org/. This is the kind of place that rewards intensity, ambition, drive, and creativity.
The Job You'll Do
You’ll build, manage, and maintain the tools our developers and stakeholders rely on to deliver quality software efficiently. You’ll use tools like Jenkins, Docker, and Travis-ci to automate software builds and deployments. You’ll maintain these systems ensuring they are up-to-date and functioning properly. You’ll evaluate and implement tools we could use in the DevOps space like Kubernetes, Puppet, Ansible, Selenium, and more. You’ll evaluate, recommend, and build cloud infrastructure in AWS and Azure.
what We'll Do For You
- We’ll give you the opportunity to work with the latest DevOps tools and infrastructure
- We’ll give you a place where you can build things the way you’ve always wanted to, and make a difference in the process.
- We’ll give you opportunities to grow, stretch, flex, and learn
- Teach and implement DevOps philosophy and best practices
- Create an environment to learn from mentors and each other
- Have you contribute to real-world projects with meaningful impact
- Enable worshiping God through your talents in fellowship with other believers
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage Jenkins and Travis CI/CD environments
- Deploy, update, and manage Docker containers and hosts
- Work with stakeholders and DevOps engineer to evaluate new tools in the configuration management, QA automation, and continuous monitoring space
- Deploy cloud technology in AWS and Azure
- Experience with more than one of the following
- Programming (any language)
- Scripting (Powershell, Bash, Python, etc)
- Azure or AWS
- Build scripts or configs (Any)
- QA testing
- VM’s or Server infrastructure
Your Education & Experience
- You are currently enrolled as a full-time student with a Comp-Sci or Information Systems Major at an accredited college or university
- You’re holding an overall GPA of 3.0 or above
- If you are still in school, you are or will be a Senior by Fall of 2019
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Should sense a call from God to ministry and have a genuine caring for people.
- Should have personal warmth that invites confidence and possess a personal integrity that never forfeits the trust that is offered.
- Ability to be at ease with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstration of the attitudes of a servant leader.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively with a virtual team.
- Can keep commitments.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies, improve skills, and adapt to change.